Dr. Gunnar Ahlberg, Ph.D.
- Gunnar graduated as M.D. at the Karolinska Institute and has now 15 years experience in surgery. He currently holds a position as senior consultant surgeon at the Karolinska University hospital in Stockholm, Sweden.
- He is specialized in both general and pediatric surgery and has a specific expertise in minimal invasive surgery.
- In research his interest is especially new technologies and safe implementation within the surgical field. He defended his PhD thesis May 2005 entitled “The role of simulation technology for skills acquisition in imaged guided surgery” He has also started and directed the Center for Advanced Medical Simulation at the Karolinska Hospital.
- He has gained expertise in entrepreneurship through projects in laparoscopy and simulation technology together with experience from several multi- institutional research projects.
- Gunnar has been Chairman of the Swedish Society for Minimal Invasive Surgery